Quality management is an over-all activity, and a task which has to be performed and maintained at desired level to achieve excellence, including creation and implementation of quality planning and assurance along with quality control and quality improvement.
Strategies of Quality management
Quality management can also be referred as a management system for any customer-focused organization focusing and adapting the continual improvements and concentrates on effective communication strategies, data, and to integrate quality discipline into the culture and activities of the organization.
Listed below are some of the strategies which are followed in Quality management systems
- Focusing customer requirements
- Total employee involvement.
- Integrated system
- Strategic and systematic approach
- Continual improvement
- Fact-based decision making
These are the primarily strategies in Quality management system; many organizations define them in various format, but the core values and principles on which the organization is to operate will be same.
Better culture building with QMS strategy
- An effective QMS will always focus on developing and communicating a customer-focused mission in a systematic way, with pre-defined strategies and action plans; by responding to the arising needs and expectations; empowering employees to continuously improve and increase their satisfaction with their work processes and environment; and gathering and analyzing key performance indicators to improve organizational and process results.
- In the process of providing effective and high quality solutions, Quality management will be the majorly considered aspect in every thought process.
- Adopting such an enterprise-wide management solution will enhance quality improvement which has been strategically implemented into an organization’s culture over time.
- If QMS is fully implemented, it is then integrated into company culture and is tracking trends—not events, it will bring value through better business practices and truly becoming part of the fiber of the business.
- At some point, the QMS simply becomes the way of doing business, so that a processor can say, “This is how we conduct our business every day because it is just the right thing to do.”